On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 we will hold 23rd Annual Day of Caring in Cambria and Somerset Counties. In past years, over 100 volunteers, representing more than 13 companies have assisted various United Way funded and other area non-profit agencies on a wide variety of projects. These volunteers worked directly with the agencies on projects which benefitted the agencies and the people who rely on them for services. The United Way Day of Caring is the perfect opportunity for volunteers to see, first hand, how their contributions help right here in our communities in addition to helping non-profit and program recipients accomplish tasks that otherwise may be out of reach.
Register today via our Get Connected website.
This year’s event is scheduled for Wednesday, September 21st. As in years’ past we will be organizing all the activities on-line utilizing “Get Connected”. “Get Connected” is a component of our website where local non-profit agencies are able to register and list their volunteer needs, and volunteers are able to register to fill those needs. You can access this free service by going to the Get Connected website.
If you are an individual looking to volunteer:
You will need to go to the "Get Connected" website. Click on the "Search Opportunities" button. You will see a listing of current needs that have been posted by local agencies. Once you find the need you would like to volunteer for, click on "Respond to Need". Then, fill in the fields, and then click "Register Now".
If your agency is not registered:
You will need to click on the “Agency Sign-up” button. Registering is easy! Please register your agency to participate in Day of Caring by September 1st. Instructions for entering your Day of Caring Project are below.
If your agency is registered:
If your agency is already registered with “Get Connected” you will simply need to enter your September 21st Day of Caring project information (instructions are below).
We ask that you complete your Day of Caring NEEDS Request by September 1st. Do not create an EVENT, as it doesn’t have the same tracking capabilities for the purposes of this day it must be created under NEED.
Please follow these instructions so all Day of Caring volunteer opportunities are consistent:
- Go to the Get Connected website.
- Click on “My Profile”, then Select your “Agency to Manage”
- Click on the “NEEDS” tab, then “ADD NEW”
- Name of your Need: Agency Name – Day of Caring
- Volunteers will be able to sign up as an individual or as a group.
- Agencies are responsible for providing lunch/refreshments.
- Agencies are responsible for their own liability/photography waivers for each volunteer.
- Volunteers and agencies will be in direct contact with one another rather than the United Way matching volunteers. This will give volunteers more access to projects.