The United Way Day of Caring continues to be a special day for our community. On this day, volunteers from local businesses, organizations, agencies, and institutions dedicate their time to improving the community. In past years, over 100 volunteers, representing more than 13 companies have assisted various United Way funded and other area non-profit agencies on a wide variety of projects. These volunteers worked directly with agencies or service providers on projects which benefitted the people who rely on them for services. The United Way Day of Caring is the perfect opportunity for volunteers to see, first hand, how their contributions help right here in our communities. If you would like to get your employees or organization involved, please contact Matt Spangler by sending an email to Matt@uwlaurel.org.
Registration for the United Way Day of Caring Opens on May 1, 2018.
To Register, visit our Get Connected website.
If you are an individual looking to volunteer:
You will need to go to the "Get Connected" website. Click on the "Search Opportunities" button. You will see a listing of current needs that have been posted by local agencies. Once you find the need you would like to volunteer for, click on "Respond to Need". Then, fill in the fields, and then click "Register Now".
If your agency is not registered:
You will need to click on the “Agency Sign-up” button. Registering is easy! Please register your agency to participate in Day of Caring by September 1st. Instructions for entering your Day of Caring Project are below.
If your agency is registered:
If your agency is already registered with “Get Connected” you will simply need to enter your Day of Caring project information (instructions are below).
We ask that you complete your Day of Caring Need Request by September 1st. Do not create an EVENT, as it doesn’t have the same tracking capabilities for the purposes of this day it must be created under NEED.
Please follow these instructions so all Day of Caring volunteer opportunities are consistent:
- Go to the Get Connected website.
- Click on “My Profile”, then Select your “Agency to Manage”
- Click on the “NEEDS” tab, then “ADD NEW”
- Name of your Need: Agency Name – Day of Caring
- Volunteers will be able to sign up as an individual or as a group.
- Agencies are responsible for providing lunch/refreshments.
- Agencies are responsible for their own liability/photography waivers for each volunteer.
- Volunteers and agencies will be in direct contact with one another rather than the United Way matching volunteers. This will give volunteers more access to projects.