Through our Enhanced Community Impact Model (linked to model page), we leverage the local leadership from our staff, board, committees and 25 Partner Agencies to evaluate, measure and report on the work we fund. Our annual campaign generates nearly $1 million that we distributed as grants to our partners. Each year, our Community Impact Panel Volunteers evaluate grant proposals from our Partner Agencies to thoughtfully invest in programs that create meaningful change and demonstrate results.
Specific evidence-based programming introduced and/or expanded in Cambria and Somerset Counties to address the Social Change Initiatives are; The Nurse-Family Partnership, Parents as Teachers, and Botvin LifeSkills Training.
Community investment in our work has touched the lives of more than 34,800 people in Cambria and Somerset Counties.
In addition to our core initiatives:
- 3,646 safe nights were provided to women and children who escaped domestic abuse.
- 3,054 people received medical care or treatment for a mental illness
- 1,450 victims of sexual violence crimes were helped with supportive services
- 6,500 students participated in Botvin’s drug and alcohol prevention program
- 863 men, women and children avoided homelessness