Anyone who donates at least $180 ($15/month) to our 2022 Annual Campaign will have a chance to win one of 30 pre-paid Visa gift cards. Amounts range from $50 to $500. The gift cards are sponsored by community minded businesses.
Sweepstakes Drawing Rules:
- One Visa gift card between the amounts of $50 and $500 will be presented to a single winner, the first name drawn per pick. Gift card values are: 1 $500; 1 $250; 15 $100; 6 $75; 6 $50.
- All eligible entries must be submitted to the United Way of the Laurel Highlands by March, 31, 2023. No exceptions.
- Entrants are only eligible to win one gift card during the drawing calendar (Drawing dates in April to be determined by the sponsors’ schedule). Once the prize is awarded to the winner, that individual’s name will be eliminated from future drawings.
- Any individual 18 years of age or older contributing $180 or more to the United Way of the Laurel Highlands, or one of its partner agencies for the 2022-2023 Campaign, and who is not ineligible under the Act or these rules, will be automatically entered and eligible. Donating will not increase the chances of winning. No purchase or pledge necessary to enter.
- Noncontributing entrants may enter by writing your name, address, email address, and phone number on a 3-1/2 x 5 inch card and mailing the same to: United Way of the Laurel Highlands, 422 Main Street, Suite 203, Johnstown, PA, 15901. One entry per entrant. The odds of winning may vary by the number of entries received.
- Prize drawing winning entry must be verified, including winner’s name, home address, age, phone number, and signature.
- UWLH staff members, their immediate families, as well as Board Members, and their families, are not eligible. Immediate families include spouses, parents, children, and their respective spouses.
- Drawing will be held in April, dependent on the sponsors’ schedule. There will be 30 prizes drawn in total. It is not necessary to be present to win. The winner will be notified immediately by telephone, or by certified mail. Proper identification will be required to claim prize. If the winner cannot be located by May 15, 2023, an alternate name will be drawn. Prize not claimed and taken possession of after payment of applicable transfer costs and sales taxes, as well as the execution of the required releases, by June 15, 2023, shall be deemed abandoned and forfeited, and another drawing shall be held in which the first name drawn for the abandoned and forfeited prize shall be deemed the winner of said prize. The substitute winner shall have 60 days after notification of being the substitute winner to claim and take possession of the prize won after complying with the above conditions, or the above process shall be repeated, until a winner has been drawn who timely claims and takes possession of the prize after compliance with the above conditions.
- Winner will be required to sign a release and hold harmless agreement in favor of sponsoring businesses and organizations, and the United Way of the Laurel Highlands, as well as their respective agents and employees.
- Tax reporting of prize is the sole of the winner of the prize.
- No cash equivalent will be awarded in lieu of receipt of prize.
- The drawing is governed by, and shall be run consistent with, the PA Small Games of Chance Act, December 10, 1988. Any representations in violation thereof are strictly forbidden.