United, we create lasting change!
When you participate in your workplace campaign, you are joining a group of community-minded people who unite to create lasting change for local families. Thanks for joining our efforts this year, we can’t generate the impact noted below without you.
THE IMPACT YOU HELP TO CREATE
Community investment in our work has touched the lives of more than 58,000 people in Cambria and Somerset Counties, many of them through our core work of early childhood development, parental engagement and youth drug & alcohol prevention education (7,244 children educated).
In addition to our core initiatives:
- 5,259 safe nights were provided to women and children who escaped domestic abuse.
- 4,226 people received medical care or treatment for a mental illness. Also includes people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.
- 2,354 victims of sexual violence crimes were helped with supportive services.
- 7,244 students participated in Botvin’s drug and alcohol prevention program.
- 1,097 men, women and children avoided homelessness.
- 5,000 diapers were distributed, on average, monthly from our Diaper Bank Newtork.
EXCITING GROWTH!: New programs implemented by United Way (SNAP at the Market and the UWLH Diaper Bank) in 2022, are continuing to expand. On average, 30 people redeem SNAP benefits at the Johnstown Farmer’s Market each week, ensuring they have the buying power to purchase fresh, local produce. Nearly 5,000 diapers a month are provided to families in the United Way’s two-county footprint, helping to address the need for the 1 in 3 families who fall short by about 25 diapers each month. These programs are largely supported by grants and in-kind diaper donations.
A BIG UPDATE from United Way this year. We have merged with United Way of Blair County, and will be transitioning to the name United Way of the Southern Alleghenies. This will not change the way/amount we fund local programs. We expect our expanded footprint to allow us to leverage more resources, and to grow the services we provide locally. We are better together, and will now be able to help more people than ever before. Please reach out to Rick Kazmer (email@example.com) if you have any questions.