Every day United Way supporters create opportunities and inspire hope for a better tomorrow. There’s a way to continue your support forever; by making a legacy gift to the United Way of the Laurel Highlands, you will strengthen your community’s social fabric and create lasting positive change.
Endowment builds the capacity to ensure that your community is a caring and safe place where children thrive, adults and families succeed, and basics needs are maintained throughout Cambria and Somerset Counties.
View our Endowment & Planned Giving Brochure!
A gift to United Way of the Laurel Highlands Endowment Fund will allow you to establish a lasting legacy in your community. Your gift will help United Way continue our efforts to:
- Prepare all children socially, emotionally, and academically for kindergarten
- Increase parental knowledge of child development and care
- Prevent drug & alcohol abuse among our youth, and
- Provide basic human needs
Endowment gifts create tangible and sustainable resources that are dedicated, forever, to our mission and work.
The United Way of the Laurel Highlands Endowment Fund will guarantee our ability to respond to the changing landscape of Cambria and Somerset Counties. We will build capacity for both present and future needs, for generations to come, to achieve lasting community impact and positive change, beyond what our annual campaign can accomplish.
Here are some things to remember as you plan:
- Any amount may be given to the endowment, either as an outright or deferred gift. Simply designate your gift to the Endowment.
- Endowment funds are primarily unrestricted but may be designated to support any part of United Way of the Laurel Highlands' work that reflects your specific initiative area of interest.
There are numerous ways to give to the Endowment Fund, some of which may be made now with little or no current cost to you. All deferred or planned gifts are primarily designated to the endowment, so your gift becomes a permanent legacy. Some of the available options are:
- Bequests (through wills or living trusts)
- Cash Gifts
- Life Insurance
- Real Estate
- Retirement Assets (such as pension plans or individual retirement accounts “IRAs”)
- Gift Annuities
- Pooled Income Funds
- Charitable Trusts
If you are interested in any of our planned giving options, we will be pleased to work with you and your advisors to develop a planned gift that best suits your particular interests and needs. For more information or to discuss your plans in confidence, please contact the United Way office at 814-535-2563 and ask for Matt Spangler, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Endowment Fund gift is invested separately from United Way’s annual campaign funds.
The Finance and Investment Committee of the United Way of the Laurel Highlands Board of Directors oversees the fund which is actively managed by various local financial institutions. Performance is reviewed quarterly.
Through your gift, you will change lives for the better and make a positive difference in our communities. Your legacy gift will ensure that your impact on our region will continue. In addition, your example will inspire others to do likewise.