Food Pantry Information
The following are food resources in Cambria and Somerset counties.
- Cresson Pantry - Serves Allegheny Township, Ashville, Cresson, Dean Township, Dysart, Gallitzin, Lilly, Munster, Sankertown, Tunnelhill, Penn Cambria School District, Washington Township - Open 9-noon Thursdays - Located at 115 Ashcroft Ave., Cresson - Call 814-886-8827
- Dorothy Day Center - Serves Cassandra, Coupon, Loretto, Marstellar - Open 9-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays & 1-3:30 p.m. Thursdays - Located at 115 St. Mary’s Street, Loretto - Call 814-419-8659
- Ebensburg SVDP - Serves Cambria Township, Colver, Ebensburg, New Germany, Revloc, Summerhill - Open 9- 12 p.m. Thursdays - Located at 3133 New Germany Rd., Ebensburg - Call 814-472-4362
- Food For Families - Serves Regional food bank (Cambria) - Open 8 - 2:30 p.m. - Located at 945 Franklin St., Johnstown - Call 814-535-3315
- Forest Hills Pantry - Serves Beaverdale, Dunlo, Elton, Mine 42, St. Michael, Mount Hope, Salix, Sidman, South Fork Rd. - Open 9-11 a.m. 3rd Thursday of month - Located at 1021 Forest Hills Dr., Salix - Call 814-487-7654
- Franklin Street Food Pantry - Serves Center Town, Conemaugh Boro, Kernville & Prospect - Open 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays - Located at 510 Locust St., Johnstown, Woodvale - Call 814-539-2633
- Good Samaritan - Serves Barr Township, Cherry Tree, Northern Cambria, Susquehanna Township, West Carroll Township - Open 10-12 p.m. 2nd & 4th Thursday of month - Located 3703 Campbell Ave., Northern Cambria - Call 814-270-7713
- Greater Johnstown Christian Fellowship - Serves Belmont, Geistown, Richland Township - Open 9-noon on Mondays - Located at 3429 Elton Rd., Johnstown - Call 814-266-2322
- Interfaith - Serves Belsano, East Conemaugh, Franklin, Mundys Corner, Nanty Glo, Twin Rocks, Vinco, Blacklick, East Taylor, Jackson Township - Open 10-12 p.m. 4th Saturday of month - Located at 625 Simmons Lane, Johnstown - Call 814-242-7910
- Moxham Food Pantry - Serves Ferndale, Hornerstown, Krings, Lorain Boro, Moxham, Riverside, Belmont Homes - Open 8-3:30 p.m. Tuesdays & Thursdays - Located at 550 Central Ave., Johnstown - 814-288-9979
- Patton SVDP - Serves Ashville, Blandburg, Emeigh, N. Cambria, Fallentimber, Flinton, Frugality, Gallitzin, Glasgow, Hastings, Patton, Glendale area (partial) St. Autustine, St. Lawrence - Open 9-11 a.m. 1st Wednesday & 3rd Thursday of month - Located at 500 Railroad Ave., Patton - Call 814-674-3346
- Portage Area - Serves Cassandra, Portage, Summerhill & Wilmore - Open 12-2 p.m. 4th Wednesday of month - Located at 813 Jefferson Ave., Portage - Call 814-659-2667
- Salvation Army - Serves Cambria County - Open 4-4:30 p.m. weekdays for free evening meal - Located at 576 Vine St., Johnstown - Provides Emergency Food Box - Call 814-539-3110
- South Fork - Serves South Fork Boro area only, Mineral Point, South Fork, Wilmore -Open 8 to 12 p.m. 3rd Saturday - Located at R315 Main St., South Fork - 814-691-5257
- St. Andrews SVDP - Serves Camaset Village, Ferndale, Ideal Park, Krings, Riverside, Roxbury, Somerset Pike, 8th Ward - Open 3-5 p.m. 2nd Monday of month - Located at 927 Franklin St., Johnstown - Call 814-691-8822
- St. Bernard SVPD - Serves Ashcroft, Bakerton, Carrolltown, E. Carroll Township, Elmora, Hastings, Nicktown, Riley, St. Benedict, St. Boniface, Watkins, West Carroll Twp., Glendale area (partial), Westover, - Open 9-11:00 a.m. 1st & 3rd Wednesday of month - Located at 139 Huber St., Hastings - Call 814-327-0982
- St. Clement Pantry - Serves Lower Yoder, Southmont, Upper Yoder, Westmont - Open 8:30 a.m. to noon 1st & 3rd Friday of month - Located at 114 Lindberg Ave., Johnstown - Call 814-255-2200
- Walnut Grove Pantry - Serves Daisytown, Dale, Geistown, Lower end of Richland Twp., Oakland, Walnut Grove, Solomon Homes, Stoneycreek Township - Open 9-11:30 a.m. 1st & 3rd Thursday of month - Located at 1068 Bedford St., Johnstown
- West End - Serves Benshoff Hill, Brownstown, Cambria City, Coopersdale, Minersville, Morrellville, Oakhurst, Tanneryville - Open 9-11 a.m. 1st and 3rd Thursday of month - Located at 1348 Virginia Ave., Johnstown - 814-536-7001
- Boswell Helping Hands - Serves North Star area - Open from 9-noon Thursdays - Located at 301 Center St., Boswell
- Berlin Pantry - Serves Berlin and Shanksville areas - Open 9-11 a.m. Wednesdays - Located at Trinity United Church of Christ, 610 Main St., Berlin
- Confluence Pantry - Serves Turkeyfoot Valley area - Open from 9-noon last Friday of month - Located at 711 Logan Pl., Confluence
- Hollsopple Pantry - Serves Conemaugh Township area - Open from 9-3 p.m. 1st Monday & Wednesday of month - Located at 107 Stevens Ln., Hollsopple
- Meyersdale Casselman Valley Helpers - Serves Meyersdale & Salisbury areas - Open from 9-10 a.m. Fridays - Located at Zion Lutheran Church, 355 Center St., Meyersdale
- Shade/Central City Pantry - Serves Shade-Central City area - Open from 9-11 a.m. 2nd Saturday of month - Located at Missionary Church, 785 Lohr St., Central City
- Somerset Pantry - Serves Somerset & Rockwood areas - Open 8-11 a.m. Wednesdays - Located at Trinity Lutheran Church, 918 Tayman Ave., Somerset
- Windber Pantry - Serves Windber area - Open from 9-11:30 a.m. 1st & 3rd - Tuesday of each month - Located at 401 Jackson Ave., Windber
- Salvation Army Somerset - Serves Somerset County - Open 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. weekdays - Located at 334 W. Main St., Somerset
EMERGENCY PANTRIES: Salvation Army (Cambria/Somerset) - In Cambria, 11-2:30 p.m. Tues, Wed., Thurs. at 576 Vine St., Johnstown; In Somerset, 9-3 p.m. weekdays at 334 W. Main St., Somerset - Call 814-445-9232; St. Vincent de Paul Family Kitchen - 8-2 p.m. Mon.-Fri. at 231 Bedford St., Johnstown - Call 814-539-7811
(Community gardens are managed by neighborhood groups, some in partnership with a nonprofit. Community gardens are places for people to learn how to garden, and also to pick produce, depending on the location.)
West End Improvement Group Community Vegetable Garden - Located along Laurel Ave. in Johnstown’s West End - Provides various vegetables grown in raised beds and on fruit trees to anyone in need.
Christian Home of Johnstown Community Gardens - Located in the 8th Ward at 1096 Edson Ave., Johnstown - Produce available to people in the 8th Ward and surrounding areas. The public can plant produce in available beds. - Call 814-535-8775.
Sandyvale Community Gardens - Located at 80 Hickory St., Johnstown (Hornerstown) - The garden provides instructors who can teach community members about gardening and horticulture throughout the year. Food grown there is provided to organizations that feed people in need. - Go to sandyvalememorialgardens.org.
Tableland Services, Inc. Project Home Grown - Located at 535 E. Main St., Somerset - Maintained by participants in the housing and homeless assistance programs, as well as students enrolled in the summer work program. Once the produce is harvested, it is distributed to program participants, or donated to food pantries.